Friday, 23 March 2012

Me Before You


Being an avid reader I’m constantly on the lookout for a new book to seize my attention. 
It makes waiting on film sets, travelling the cumbersome tube and sunny afternoons in the park some of the loveliest moments of any day... plus you normally learn a thing or two.


I recently finished the book ‘Me before you’. 
In short it tells the tale of a man – Will - plunged into life as a quadriplegic after a terrible accident. Just as he is giving up on everything he meets the eccentric Lou who gives him a new perspective on life.


I think Good Housekeeping described it best when they said it’s  ‘Heartbreaking yet ultimately uplifting’.
Comparable to One Day’s Emma and Dex, it’s certainly one for an afternoon on the sofa with a box of tissues.
Now go away and check it out!
Make sure you let me know what you think :).

 .............

Full Synopsis:

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Will have to read it now. Such goood weather in London. Perfect for reading in the park ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be the best place to read a book! at least the place with the best view... :)

    bitterblondblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading it now and I'm spell bound, soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog and I love it! But please tell me, where did you get that fantastic coat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. It's from Bershka. Not sure if they still have it, I got it almost 6 months ago. Good Luck! X

      Delete
  5. Georgina Bates2 July 2012 at 21:07

    I love this picture of you on the window sill. So cool. When is this out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Do you know if they make any
    plugins to help with SEO? I'm trying to get my
    blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good
    success. If you know of any please share. Kudos!

    My web-site: Go to my website

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to provide one thing back and help others such as you helped me.

    Feel free to visit my web page; bet angel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...