Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Special K

I have long admired the special K ethos of using strong, confident, healthy women in their advertising and so was delighted when my agent told me I had been shortlisted for their new campaign.
Interestingly you need to have a BMI of 20 to be able to model for them.
I only wish everyone brand did this as it would quite literally change the industry overnight.


Although I turned up in the world renowned red dress, I was quickly told that the entire casting was to take place in the pool.



 Without looking at my portfolio, the casting director gave me a quick overview of what I had to do, namely make a variety of flattering and strong shapes underwater without blowing out bubbles (as that is not pretty).
A weight belt was attached around my stomach to insure I stayed under (more like to help me drown!)


Lucky I grew up on an island off the coast of Australia, so swimming is my forte.

 
  
The casting was intense.
With large periods of time spent underwater and few seconds in-between each take, I soon became exhausted.  
Although the director said I was the best they had seen underwater, they feel I'm a bit too young looking for the brand, but we'll see. 
Fingers crossed one day I’ll be grinning up at you from the side of a cereal box! 




12 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Best special K girl I've seen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! You're beautiful!

    xxxo,
    Jenny
    www.jennymichellely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you totally look like a special K girl! Do any other brands do the BMI thing or just them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      Thank you for your comment. I haven't come across any other brand that does this but I'm sure there must be a few more out there! (fingers crossed anyway)

      Henrietta

      Delete
  5. You'd be an amazing Special K Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look like the most perfect special k girl :)
    stunning red dress & how anyone looks thats beautiful underwater i'll never know, but you nail it xx

    hannahhindmarsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you got this job?
    I really hope so. You are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...