Sunday, 1 April 2012

Ski Break

Sorry to have been utterly pathetic with any blog posts this week but I have an excuse!
On Monday morning James and I decided to go on a very last minute skiing holiday.
With my parents chalet free it seemed a shame not to seize the moment and drive to the French Alps.
This thought wasn’t quite so quaint at 3 in the morning when we were still only half way there.
I have a sneaky feeling the drive just may have been worth the view ...


Skiing in March is a completely different activity to December time when it is all about the pow pow.
A few months ago the hectic dump of snow meant the week was spent in almost sheer whiteout with some insane (freezing) off piste skiing.
This week however it was all about wearing a jumper and keeping to the piste, which I realise sounds a bit dull but we made up for it by turning virtual black runs into casual schusses ... with me ahead that is ;).


Luckily for me my parents were cool enough to teach me to ski around the time I was learning to walk so I feel pretty comfortable on both a snowboard and skis.
The fact that our chalet backs on to the piste doesn’t hurt either...
It also means that Les Grand Massif is a virtual playground, knowing every track better than the back of my hand.




With the most stunning views across Mt Blanc and beyond, I cannot think of a better place to ski and would recommend you check the place out for yourselves.
With plenty of fun blacks, huge bowels, faces and gulley’s between the runs, the off piste is not only safe, but challenging and at times rather extreme.
And for all you snow bunny’s out there stress less!
Les Grand Massif will provide you with some glorious wide blues and greens with stunning restaurant views across the mountains for when you just want to enjoy some mulled wine in the sun.
 

  
Or you could be a tad more adventurous and take advantage of the glorious mountain hikes to be found.
Make sure you make up for those calories burned in a delicious french bakery!



 

We arrived home today more tanned than if we’d been in the Caribbean.
Skiing in March is not too shabby at all...





17 comments:

  1. Love it! You lucky girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS AMAZING! wow. Can't believe you've been skiing so long. I'm soooo bad :(.

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you buy your pants from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy them online from Trespass. Mine were last season so may not still be around however I'm sure you'll find something fashionable and affordable - http://www.trespass.co.uk/snow-sports/clothing/snowboard-pants

      Good Luck!

      Delete
  4. nice views. miss snowboarding... its great fun. should do one day a cool snowboard shoot ;) have a nice week

    moritz
    www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great views and lovely snow. really miss snowboarding, always was a great and fun sport. should organise a snowboard/ ski shoot one day, carving the snow, jumps... would look great

    moritz

    www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moritz. A snow shoot would be epic!
      Probably my dream modelling job...

      Delete
  6. I have never been sking but you make me want to go! Probably because Im from LA. Love your blog, check mine out and follow!

    xo
    ejc

    www.stilettobeats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST stop whatever you are doing now and try it!!

      Delete
  7. Your life is so much fun! :-) x

    http://sunshinedays.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you dear. Yours doesn't seem too shabby either!

      Delete
  8. in regards to this matter. I am sure there are so many of more fun periods on the inside future for
    men and women who look over your blog.
    Feel free to visit my webpage ; nainsook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is one of the most important info for me.

    And i am glad

    reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The website style is

    perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
    My web page - http://www.echo-factory.com/member/4770/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, I have just been searching for info about this

    subject for ages and yours is the best I have discovered till now.

    But, what about the

    bottom line? Are you sure about the source?
    Also see my site - www.almoradi.us

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made some first rate factors there. I appeared on the
    web for the difficulty and found most people will

    go along with together with your website.
    Feel free to surf my blog post - www.spainweather.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thank you! I constantly needed to write on my blog something like that.
    Can I include a fragment of your post to my

    website?
    Check out my weblog :: http://www.spainproperty.us/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...