Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Sofia Sofia!

So it was the first day shooting in Sofia. Not going to lie, location shoots are tough and the heat was pretty intense. Lucky for me my first location was pretty inspiring and more than a little distracting.
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.. 




We strolled down some gorgeous streets. 
I managed to find Mufasa along the way. He was looking suitably regal and completely ignored me. 





It was a quick outfit change ready for the next component of the show, which form part of my 'Sofia City Tour'. 



 
My favourite spot so far has to go to the National theater. Not only is it a beautiful historical building opposite a gorgeous fountain, offering a place for the daring tourists to cool off, but it's also a hot spot for creatives. Loads of people come to play chess, dance, draw or just read a book. 
As a child, I was more than a geek and actually quite good at chess... yes I did go to chess camp (give me a break it was ONE time). 
It started off swimmingly and I even got a round of applause a few times however things quickly deteriorated and the local chap got the better of me.

 Definitely one of the greatest things about traveling is meeting the locals. I met this cherub whilst drinking a cup of spectacular Bulgarian Coffee.









 


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic het, stick with it and you will have yet more great experiences and wonderful memories, dad would be so proud and pleased about the chess game xx mar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...